Florida Focus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread

+26
Nickgt40
Loco
Dracconix
jpdavis
Djzx3
BigBrooklyn83
FuhFuhhhh Focus
fociboy03
glowin3232
Rudel
98LowRanger
HaveBlue83
Ahuzen
warneej
slocussvt
jholso
BigRed03
matchbox
SVT3658
Cobrawannabe
Kenzx3
trailbikerider
Bellicose87
Yocrew
J_Train
NorCalFocus
30 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread

Post by fociboy03 2011-05-01, 1:01 am

i say just a rack with the little cage thingy on top. no bike. unless i see you actually ride it. lol

i freaking love your sig by the way. lol
fociboy03
fociboy03
Noob

Ghey Points : 1

Back to top Go down

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread

Post by SVT3658 2011-05-01, 5:58 pm

Chris's sig is EXCELLENT. I love it too.

I'm thinking Chris, and I agree you should get a rack and a roof basket and fill it with random stuff

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Ghey Points : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-02, 1:16 am

I'm going to build a old school style rack. Metal frame with wood planks. Gerald, the welding is up to you. I'll paint your car while your building my rack.

I'm so tired. I worked all day on cars. First got Brian's SVT rear brakes installed. Those were super easy asn all we had to change was the caliper bracket, dust shield, and rotor. Then we swapped my gas tank. It came out super easy, but we had to figure out some different lines, and putting it back in was a PITA. But after talking dirty to her for a good 20 minutes she went back into place. Then I had a change of plans. Instead of looking for the few little issues I have left on my car I lowered the wagon. This is only temp but it will work.

My new gas door bib and the old one.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1041

Ewwwwwwwe

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1042

:Borat: Very Nice!

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1043

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1044

New brakes!

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1046

The car.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1050

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1047

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1048

Old tank vs new

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1051

Brian under my car.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1052

I love having a hole in my car for access.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1054

Now what you really want to see. My lowered wagon. I have some mad reverse rake going right now, but will fix that later this week.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1057

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1056

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1058
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Ghey Points : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by fociboy03 2011-05-02, 8:30 am

bring it on. did you use the sedan springs in the rear of the wagon?
fociboy03
fociboy03
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-06, 12:36 am

Yes I used the sedan springs on the rear. Worked really well, but they went a little to low. If I could find used wagon springs I'd be really happy.

The paint for my hood/trunk is being matched this week. I'll be picking it up on Friday. Once I get that I'll be painting the hood and have that monkey off my back.

Kyle and I struck a deal. He needs a euro lower grill and has a SVT front bumper that needs repair. So we're trading. I figure if nothing else I'll sell the bumper and get my money back for another euro lower. I picked up a SVT lip this last week in a parts trade, so all I need is the fogs. The bumper is comp orange now, but being that I'm getting a whole gallon of white for my hood, I'll have enough paint for it.
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2011-05-06, 12:44 am

I Facebook Like what I just read PB&J

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-06, 1:15 am

Also if the repair on the rear works out well, I'll be repairing and smoothing out my old rear bumper.
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by glowin3232 2011-05-06, 1:22 am

Very awesome.
glowin3232
glowin3232
Team Flatulence

Ghey Points : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by fociboy03 2011-05-06, 9:41 pm

sweet
fociboy03
fociboy03
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-14, 11:40 pm

While working a show this week I talked to a couple of body repair guys and they told me how to repair the SVT bumper. Its going to be a piece of cake.

Now I had a check fuel cap light on and my car just about died last night. So I pulled the codes and think I may get really lucky. P0457 Evap leak, just need to check every thing from the tank swap and P0351 coil pack primary either the wires I tucked to the coil pack got fucked or my coil pack is done for. I'm picking up a coil pack in a few so I'll have it tomorrow when I get into her.

I'm picking up my paint Tues and will be home every night this week so hood prep and maybe even paint will get done!
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2011-05-14, 11:59 pm

Facebook Like

I'm looking forward to progress pics!

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-15, 11:15 pm

Ok so the car is parked and put down for a week or two. I got the CEL and running issue taken care of, then got the exhaust mani/cat pulled to cahse down my oil leak.

I ran into a little issue though that I hope someone can help me out with. The biggest oil leak is on my valve cover gasket because I have stripped threads in my head. So if anyone has any advice on drilling out and tapping the head please help.

So here was my issue, when I extended/tucked the coil pack wires they got to close to the EGR pipe.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1060

Sp I ran to the junk yard and got a new pigtail. When I got home and went to put in the new pig tail I found more melted wires. I'm sure these were the cause of my shorting issues I had earlier. Now they're all fixed and re-wrapped. I also fried the coil pack so I put on a new one and she's all good again.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1075

While I was there I decided to clean up the coil pack bracket and stuff. Before.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1069

After

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1070

Bracket all cleaned up.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1071

Bracket painted BBQ black and installed.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1073

Lastly a pic of my PCV box. You can see the oil running down the bottom where she was leaking. So I'll put it back on with some red silicone and never worry about it again.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1094

Through the next week or so I will be painting the hood and contour valve cover. Getting the last few bits put together for the SVT header and fixing/cleaning the oil leaks. I probally will also paint the PS brackets, lines, and the acc brackets.
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2011-05-15, 11:44 pm

I wub you the progress.

Think helicoil makes a small enough one to work in the head?

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by fociboy03 2011-05-18, 1:58 pm

lovit
fociboy03
fociboy03
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-18, 6:05 pm

Big update for tomorrow!
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-19, 1:09 am

Little progress update tonight.

Yuck!

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1105

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1106

Ah thats way better. The mess wasn't as bad as I thought once I got it all cleaned up.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1109

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1110

You can kinda see where the oil blew by the gasket.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1107

A little practice of sanding back the raised emblems for the new paint job.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1111

Oh whats that?

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1114

Yup it sure is, my SVT header in for EGR mock up

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1112

Hmmm thats not going to work.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1116

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1117
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-20, 12:38 am

My wife called me today and said "hey you got a really big box delivered today". I wonder what in the world it could be?

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1120

Oh wait....

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1121

OMFG!

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1122

YES!!! After 20 minutes of unwrapping.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1123

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1124

Look at that shine!

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1125

And finally.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1129

I'll roll the car out tomorrow just to get some pics. This is the first ever MK1 sedan trunk lid and I'm so happy to have it. It weighs almost nothing compared to the OEM one. Fitment is pretty good, it better be, the mold was made from my OEM trunk lid. There's a few spots/holes that were not cut out during the molding process. I'm going to call ED tomorrow and find out if thats normal practice or someone dropped the ball.

In other news, I got a SVT power steering line today. The metal is a little rusty but thats nothing a little paint can't take care of.
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by glowin3232 2011-05-20, 12:43 am

SOOO JEALOUS OF SAID TRUNKZ!!!!!!!
glowin3232
glowin3232
Team Flatulence

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-20, 12:57 am

glowin3232 wrote:SOOO JEALOUS OF SAID TRUNKZ!!!!!!!

I am jealous of your wheels so we're even Thumb Up
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2011-05-20, 10:26 am

Sweet!

So you're painting it, correct?

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-20, 11:41 am

I believe so Josh. Its sexy as fuck in CF form, but I really think the OEM+ look will be much better.
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2011-05-20, 12:53 pm

Facebook Like

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-24, 12:03 am

Can anyone here do a decent PS? I got a really good suggestion on how to paint my CF trunk.

I want to see how it looks with the outlined section of the trunk left CF.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1129-1
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-25, 12:40 am

Another Update.

New refinished Contour valve cover. The gold was awesome, but the paint wasn't holding up to the heat. This paint is good up to 300* so no worries at all.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1139

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1142

Then I prepped my hood for paint later this week.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1143

I cut the relief for the trunk latch.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1144

I decided to cheat on mounting the trunk trim. I figure its easier to replace the trim vs the CF getting ***** up. I cut the mounting studs off and then used 3M double sided tape to hold it on.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1145

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1147

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1150

I also got the 3rd brake light installed but didn't get pics due to it being dark.
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by glowin3232 2011-05-25, 1:28 am

Nice man, everything looks great! Just be careful opening the trunk, don't pull too hard or you'll rip that trunk strip off. Laughing
glowin3232
glowin3232
Team Flatulence

Back to top Go down

Post by FuhFuhhhh Focus 2011-05-26, 11:30 pm

NorCalFocus wrote:I am jealous of your wheels so we're even Thumb Up

X2!

Car is looking really good though, glad you finally got your trunk.
FuhFuhhhh Focus
FuhFuhhhh Focus
Experienced

Ghey Points : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-29, 1:13 am

So today was an all out awesome day. I finally got my SVT header swap done, fixed the oil leak, installed the SVT power steering line, installed the refinished contour valve cover, and painted the underside of my hood. The top side will get painted tomorrow. The CF trunk is completely installed now as well.

Also I want to say that I will never buy used exhaust parts from people in MI again I had a hell of a time getting the rusted studs out of the cat. But the good news is its done.

Hood Painted

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1212

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1214

The new sexy header.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1216

The completed engine bay finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1215

The trunk lid.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1225

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1226

Then Kyle and I went and took some shots.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1230

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1236

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1233

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1219

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1217

NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2011-05-30, 10:45 pm

Chris that looks absolutely amazing!

I'm actually almost leaning to not painting the trunk lid now....crazy I know

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by glowin3232 2011-05-30, 11:31 pm

Facebook Like them both! Thumb Up
glowin3232
glowin3232
Team Flatulence

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-31, 12:27 am

Thanks guys! I'm not painting it for a while. I'm going to rock it as is for a bit then go from there.

The hood is done and I'm about to go mount it

It\'s all the rage i
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-05-31, 1:02 am

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1244

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1246

I love being able to see into my bay.

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1247

Vent the heat baby!

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 DSCF1248
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2011-05-31, 1:29 am

Lose the eyelids, and it'll be perfect

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobrawannabe 2011-05-31, 8:28 am

Jesus, I loved this car with no hood on it. Like, I really, really love your engine bay a lot.
Cobrawannabe
Cobrawannabe
SALAMI!!!!!

Ghey Points : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-06-09, 12:36 am

Can I haz title change?

"I'm uber ghey for not going to FR11 build thread"
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-06-09, 12:42 am

New updated list of mods to work on.

1. Fix and finish SVT front bumper
2. make two sets of old headlights into one set without eyelids
3. be on the look out for new wheels (I want gold again)
4. paint interior vent rings satin black instead of white
5. change out tinted markers for OEM
6. Strip tint of tails and redo in all red
7. Maybe go with a SVT upper grill

Last edited by NorCalFocus on 2011-07-11, 2:50 am; edited 2 times in total
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by glowin3232 2011-06-09, 1:47 am

That list is winning!
glowin3232
glowin3232
Team Flatulence

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2011-06-09, 9:48 am

I concur with Owen, that's a fantastic plan of action

NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 133676

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-06-15, 7:10 pm

knocked out one item off the list. If it wasn't so hot, I'd turn on the oven and start baking lights.
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by fociboy03 2011-06-15, 8:57 pm

just put em out side they might melt. lol
fociboy03
fociboy03
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by FuhFuhhhh Focus 2011-06-15, 9:53 pm

Loving that list!

I see you too are going w/ all red tails, thats the way to go!

Smile
FuhFuhhhh Focus
FuhFuhhhh Focus
Experienced

Ghey Points : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBrooklyn83 2011-06-15, 10:49 pm

one of the hottest sedans i think ive ever seen, at least in a long ass time! rides like this make me want my next car in white more!
BigBrooklyn83
BigBrooklyn83
Noob

Ghey Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-06-17, 8:54 pm

Today was a historic day, I got rid of the last electrical issue from my engine swap!!!!!! I got a new set of 03 duratech seats then plugged them in and poof no more airbag light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It\'s all the rage i It\'s all the rage i It\'s all the rage i It\'s all the rage i It\'s all the rage i It\'s all the rage i It\'s all the rage i
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by fociboy03 2011-06-18, 12:12 am

whoo hoo!!!! glad they worked!!
fociboy03
fociboy03
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-06-18, 12:15 am

Yes I am too. My original passenger seat only had one plug on it vs yours that had two.
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by fociboy03 2011-06-18, 12:16 am

sweet.
fociboy03
fociboy03
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-06-18, 12:27 am

We painting your ghey mobile soon?
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by fociboy03 2011-06-18, 12:28 am

be nice or ill make my ghey mobile spank u lol
fociboy03
fociboy03
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2011-06-18, 2:22 pm

Facebook Like It\'s all the rage i NorCal's I hope I can go to FR11 and meet some cool turtles build thread - Page 5 166457 I wub you Thumb Up

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Djzx3 2011-06-20, 10:56 pm

Looks very good Chris.

Djzx3
FF, please take me back!

Ghey Points : -41

Back to top Go down

Post by NorCalFocus 2011-06-21, 12:07 am

Djzx3 wrote:Looks very good Chris.

Thanks bud.
NorCalFocus
NorCalFocus
Stawkaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next