Florida Focus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on my car...stop by if you feel like it.

2 posters

Go down

Working on my car...stop by if you feel like it. Empty Working on my car...stop by if you feel like it.

Post by Nliiitend1 2010-04-17, 4:07 pm

As the title states, I'm putting the MS3 up on jackstands for some various work, mainly involving the brakes.

I'm going to attempt to get the calipers cleaned and painted at the very least, with other plans to change the front rotors, ALL of the pads, and perhaps install speed bleeders. PB&J

My house is a mess currently (living without female company for a few weeks will do that to my house) so don't expect it not to be, but I figured I put this out there in case anyone was bored.

Smile
Nliiitend1
Nliiitend1
Experienced

Ghey Points : 1

Back to top Go down

Working on my car...stop by if you feel like it. Empty Re: Working on my car...stop by if you feel like it.

Post by SVT3658 2010-04-18, 8:33 pm

Dang I wish I had seen this, I woulda stopped by after Pat's baby shower Sad

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Ghey Points : 144

Back to top Go down

Working on my car...stop by if you feel like it. Empty Re: Working on my car...stop by if you feel like it.

Post by Nliiitend1 2010-04-18, 8:38 pm

It's still not done... Laughing

I've got 3 calipers painted but I still need to put the new rotors and pads on the front, paint the last caliper, put in the new rear pads, and perhaps change the oil while I have it up.

I also discovered one of my rear tires has a nail in it, though it still doesn't appear to be leaking air...anyway, I'll probably plug that up before putting it back on so there's that too.

Anyway, I'll be working on it again after work tomorrow (about 4:30 on).
Nliiitend1
Nliiitend1
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2010-04-18, 8:44 pm

I have a huuuuge break between classes (from 11am to 5pm), too bad it doesn't line up Sad

How late will you be working on it? I get out of class at 7:20....

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nliiitend1 2010-04-19, 12:00 am

Don't know...but I hope to be done before dark.

Give me a call if you want. I might still be in the driveway when you get out. Laughing
Nliiitend1
Nliiitend1
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Nliiitend1 2010-08-18, 7:33 pm

I just received a part that I might need some help installing...

I don't really know if I'm gonna be able to get to it this weekend or not yet (I feel like I have a metric shit-ton of stuff to do before we move in like 3 weeks) but at any rate, it's a Class 1 hitch.

I'm going to be pulling my bike on a small Uhaul trailer back up to IL.

So, anyone want to take part in the sacrilege of installing a trailer hitch receiver on an MS3?? Tongue
Nliiitend1
Nliiitend1
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2010-08-18, 9:13 pm

I get out of work at 4-ish and am heading over to Duncan's to finally put my poly dogbone mount it

Laughing

Maybe you can come over to Duncan's and we can have a mini install day!

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nliiitend1 2010-08-18, 10:03 pm

I need to put my new rear transaxle mount in as well too...

Perhaps you're onto something here.

Nliiitend1
Nliiitend1
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2010-08-18, 10:17 pm

PM Duncan! I can bring some brewskis, we'll have a party Very Happy

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nliiitend1 2010-08-26, 8:40 pm

Let's try again... This Saturday, anyone?
Nliiitend1
Nliiitend1
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2010-08-26, 10:22 pm

Gonna be in the 305 all weekend, sorry Alex Sad

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nliiitend1 2010-08-26, 11:03 pm

That's ok. I guess I can forgive you since you said you help me load the truck the following weekend. Thumb Up

Laughing
Nliiitend1
Nliiitend1
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Nliiitend1 2010-08-30, 10:36 am

Got the hitch receiver all bolted up and ready to go.

It's extremely well hidden. The only part you can see is the receiver tube itself, and it just barely peeks out from the bumper.
Thumb Up
Nliiitend1
Nliiitend1
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT3658 2010-08-30, 11:54 am

Awesome! There's nothing I hate more than ugly hitch recievers poking out and being completely visible. Especially when they get old and rusty

SVT3658
Elitist.
Elitist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum